Write a paper showing your understanding of work in modern America. Included in this paper must be an analysis of positive and negative aspects of our relatively new service/knowledge based economy and our place in the global economy. You must also critically analyze the interconnectedness of immigration, globalization, democracy, and corporate power.
Use evidence from Module 7 and Module 8, which include the following:
- The High Cost of Low Prices highlights the corporate practices and low price of Wal-Mart and how this impacts America and the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXmnBbUjsPs
- This is What Democracy Looks Like covers the protest at the World Economic Forum meeting of September 11, 2000, in Melbourne, Australia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruf1iBgdujs
Your essay should meet the following requirements:
- Your paper should be 6-8 pages long, not including the title or reference pages.
- Cite a minimum of 4 peer-reviewed, scholarly journal sources beyond the textbook to support your statements.
- Use evidence from your textbook. (The Social Organization of work by Randy Hodson.
- Cite both films found in Module 7 (The High Cost of Low Prices and This is What Democracy Looks Like)
Format your paper according to APA requirements
You are expected to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise, and organized fashion, using the required and recommended readings from the course for analytical support.
OUTLINE OF PAPER ATTACHED