- What is the great critical error made by those who are “fond of some subservient art”? What are some examples of this error, according to Pope? (4 points)
- Why does Addison say that “heroic poets” seldom have any “wit”?
- What is Swift satirizing in “A Modest Proposal”?
- What is Swift’s “modest proposal”? How does he suggest it without causing the reader to be overly shocked or disgusted?
- According to Pope, though a poet may “break a rule,” what must a poet never “transgress”? (1 point)
- Addison discusses the “wits” of several poets and writers. Whom does he admire for their wit? (3 points)
- What does Addison add “by way of explanation” to Locke’s description of “wit”?
- Consider the tone of “A Description of a City Shower.” In what ways does “A Modest Proposal” also reflect that same tone?
- According to Pope, what is the problem of individual judgment? What ruins “good sense”? (1 point
To place your order, you need to fill in the order form form with all the requisite details. Once you submit your requirements, we assign a professional essay writer who owes expertise in your subject area to start working on your request and deliver your assignment on time.
Phone: +1 (234) 295-3084