Complete the questionnaire portion of “What Is Your Role in Communicating Research Information? Part I Questionnaire and Scoring Guide” resource.
Score the questionnaire using the same resource.
Based on the questionnaire results, as well as the insights gained from the Topic 1 readings, utilize a reflective approach to record your response to the following questions:
- Reflect upon the questionnaire results. Describe your success with communicating.
- What did you learn about your communication style that enables you to communicate effectively?
- What did you learn about your communication style that negatively impacts your ability to communicate?
- How will you work to increase your communication ability?
- Explain what you have learned about your communication skills that will help you as a healthcare professional?
The purpose of this assignment is to stimulate reflection about an experience, rather than just recording the experience. One way to keep from simply recording the event is to begin your answer to the above questions with one of the following phrases:
- During my experience, I felt
- I learned ____ about myself
- What is the significance or meaning of my learning ?
- I discovered that I
Refer to the “Feeling Words” resource. The list of feeling words may serve as an aid to identify feelings that may occur during nurse-client interactions.
Be sure to include information from the assigned readings and personal reflection to support your answer.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.