- Use a provided data file to resolve statistical questions presented in a scenario. Summarize your findings and recommendations in a 1?2 page report for management.Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in sequence.SHOW MORE
- Toggle Drawer
The following resource contains the data needed to complete the assessment.
Use the Golf Ball Distance Test file, linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading, to complete the calculations for the scenario for this assessment.
Practical Application Scenario
Your love of golf has brought you back to the range as the new product manager for UniDun’s “Straight Flight” (SF) line of golf balls. The company’s research and development group has been experimenting with dimple patterns that promote straight flight and have achieved some degree of success. You, however, are worried about the effect that the new pattern might have on driving distance.The Golf Ball Distance Test file contains test results that compare the driving distances for the two different kinds of balls: 40 balls of the new SF type, and 40 of the old UniDun type. Your job is to determine if the old UniDun balls can be driven further than the new SF balls. To resolve this question, you need to appropriately address the following:
- Identify the null and alternative hypotheses you should form for this test. State each both as a written explanation and as a math equation.
- Identify the appropriate statistical test to accept or reject the null hypothesis.
- Calculate the p-value.
- Summarize your findings and recommendations about the new golf ball product to the vice president of marketing. Your report should not be a statistical analysis of the testing but a summary of the testing results. Assume that your audience is unfamiliar with statistical analysis.
Compile your work and report in a 1?2 page Microsoft Word file:
- Paste in the tables you used to make your calculations.
- Clearly title your tables, including each row and column.
- Highlight the results of your data calculations within each table.
Statistical Inference 2 Scoring Guide
- SUBMIT ASSESSMENTThis button will take you to the next available assessment attempt tab, where you will be able to submit your assessment.
To place your order, you need to fill in the order form form with all the requisite details. Once you submit your requirements, we assign a professional essay writer who owes expertise in your subject area to start working on your request and deliver your assignment on time.
Phone: +1 (234) 295-3084