Your textbook concludes not only its discussion of globalization, but actually, the whole book, by talking about the need for global governance. I’d like you to explore this idea a bit further by examining one global governing organization and the debates surrounding it.
Please choose one of the following organizations to research for this assignment.
- International Criminal Court
- United Nations
- World Bank
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- World Trade Organization
Do some basic research about this organization using whatever sources you wish (so long as they are credible sources). Focus on:
- What people/nations make up this organization?
- What is this organization’s history?
- What is the organization’s mission and what are its major activities?
- What are the organization’s main strengths? What are its major weaknesses? What do critics of this organization say about it?
Finally, write up what you found in a two- to three-page paper, typed and double-spaced. Include in your paper your own conclusions about this organization and what it tells you about global governance in general. Be sure to attach a Works Cited page listing the sources you consulted and to properly cite your references within your paper.