Interpreting the intent of the framers of the Constitution is at the heart of the gun control debate. The Second Amendment states: ?A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.? Gun rights advocates argue this clearly guarantees the universal right to bear arms. Gun control advocates, however, say it is a conditional right that should be strictly regulated in the interest of public safety.
With that in mind, write an argumentative/persuasion/research essay that answers ONLY ONE of the following:
SHOULD THE 2ND AMENDMENT BE ELIMINATED, MODIFIED OR LEFT ALONE?
WITH AN OUTLINE.
Your essay will:
- be 750-1,000 words. Less than the minimum of 750 is an automatic ZERO
- be spell-checked and grammar-checked
- utilize PROPER MLA in-text citations
- utilize a PROPER MLA Works Cited page (note that in MLA, it is not called References or Bibliography
- have at least FOUR sources from the OVIATT Library or the library’s search engines. NO GOOGLE. NO WIKIPEDIA.