You will be expected to use your research and writing skills to craft a response to one of the questions. Each written response to a question or a response must be backed up and supported with a minimum of three (3) appropriate scholarly resources other than the course text. Your answer to the question should be no longer than 650-700 words (not including references) or about a page and a half of text, single spaced at 12 point font. You will notice that the amount of writing required is limited so that you will need to be as clear and concise as possible but also provide enough information so that it is impactful and informative.
Select one of the following questions to write your Forum Discussion on.
- Comment and discuss the influence or impact of a changing climate on a sector of the Canadian economy? How could or will a changing climate change or impact (positive and/or negative) resource development in Canada; How could that business or industry respond or adapt? What has been done in other locations that may be applicable to Canada? Choose one (1) of the following or select your own:
- Resource industry – Fishing
- Resource industry – Forestry
- Tourism industry choose an example
- Transportation – road, ship, air
- Comment and discuss the influence or impact of a changing climate on Infectious disease transmission in Canada. What diseases could impact us in the future? What climate factors influence their transmission?
3. Comment and discuss the influence or impact of a changing climate on a species in a Canadian ecosystem. How will the ecosystem change? How will the species be impacted? How could it adapt? How will the range of the species change? Food supply? Habitat? (** You may choose any species but the polar bear)