NO COVER PAGE OR HEADER/PAGE NUMBERS
For this assignment, you will review and reflect on the LGBT article. This article can be applied to healthcare providers in the multiple care settings. Discussion of the article is based on the course objectives and weekly content, which emphasize the core learning objectives for an evidence-based primary care curriculum. Throughout your nurse practitioner program, discussions are used to promote the development of clinical reasoning through the use of ongoing assessments and diagnostic skills, and to develop patient care plans that are grounded in the latest clinical guidelines and evidence-based practice.
- Discuss any ?take-away? thoughts from the article.
- How do you plan to make a positive impact on the care of LGBT patients when you become a NP? What attitudes/behaviors/communication/understanding is important for the NP to have?
- What specific screenings / interventions will you incorporate into practice when providing care to a LGBT patient?
INCLUDED IS THE ARTICLE-PLEASE FORMAT IN PROPER REFERENCE FORMAT
BELOW ARE FURTHER REFERENCES TO USE, NOT SURE IF THERE IS INFO RELATED TO THE ARTICLE TOPIC IN THESE READING MATERIALS
- Hawkins, J., Roberto-Nicholas,D. & Stanley-Haney, J. (2016). Guidelines for Nurse Practitioners in Gynecologic Settings (11th ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing. ISBN-13: 978-0826122827
- Neinstein, L.S., Katzman, D.K., Callahan, S.T., Gordon, C.M., Joffe, A., & Rickert, V.I. (2016). Adolescent and Young Adult Health Care (6th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer. ISBN: 978-1451100083
- Schuiling, K. D. & Likis, F. E. (2016). Women?s Gynecologic Health (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett. ISBN: 9781284076028