A consulting company that provides software and services relating to business intelligence and analytics has a library of customer success stories on its website at http://www.sas.com/success/indexByTopic.html#1000.1001.0000. Select and read one of the success stories relating to Activity-Based Management. Summarize the success story, and relate the ideas of the article to what you have learned this week in this course.
The State of Rhode Island publishes its budget and the supporting information at www.omb.ri.gov/budget/index.php. Access the budget and answer the following:
· What are the duties of the budget office? (Hint: Use the Primer link.)
· What are the six governmental functions listed in the budget?
· What are the major sources of Rhode Island's revenues?
· What is the accounting basis used in the preparation of the budget? (Hint: Use the Primer link and scroll down until you see the Budget Basis section.)
· The budget mentions four categories of program performance measures. List them, and briefly describe how they are used in Rhode Island. (Hint: Use the Primer link and scroll down until you see the Program Performance Measures section.)
· What did you learn from reviewing the most recent budget of the State of Rhode Island?
· What do you think the biggest challenges are when it comes to preparing their budget?