Unions continue to diminish in terms of influence and importance. There are many reasons for this decline, such as the increase of at-will-employment and contingent workers.
For this assignment, research the central cause of the decline in union membership and the importance and this impact to the workplace and society. Consider areas within your work environment, or one that you are familiar with, and identify job tasks that could be outsourced. Construct 2-3 paragraphs of an employee contract or memorandum of understanding, detailing specific requirements and components of a contract.
Next, in a 3 to 5-page paper, discuss the following four topics in order using the prescribed section headers in bold.
- Section 1?Reason for Decline in Union Membership. Based on your research, what is the primary cause for the decline in union membership over the last few decades?
- Section 2?My Opinion of the Future of Unions. What do you predict for the future? Will union membership numbers remain the same, continue to decline, or increase?
- Section 3?Strategies to Increase Union Membership. What strategies will you focus on as an HR professional to outsource to a contingent workforce.
- Section 4?Memorandum of Understanding. In this section, detail 2-3 paragraphs of job details/requirements of an employee contract or memorandum of understanding.
- A minimum of three scholarly/peer-reviewed references must be included. (Do not include blogs, Wikis, or anonymous sources, for example.)
- Properly format your paper utilizing APA guidelines and formatting, according to theCSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- The paper must be a minimum of 3 full pages, not including the title page or references.