Discussion Question #1: Language Ambiguity
Describe a time in your life when language ambiguity led to a communication misunderstanding in one of your interpersonal relationships. Be specific with your examples and go into depth with the example.
Discussion Question #2: Content and Relationship Levels of Meaning
Using specific examples, explain the four different ways to structure language. Go into specific detail for each.
Discussion Question #3: Self Disclosure
- Provide an example of when you chose to self-disclose information to someone new in your life
- How did you decide it was the right time? How did the other person respond?
- Answer the questions in detail with specific examples.
Discussion Question #4: Family System
- Describe the Family system in detail.
- Provide examples of the different rules, stories, rituals, and secrets your family has (no need to give away the secret, though).