Assignment 2: Identification of Health Related Issues
Visit an agency serving your assigned census tract. Describe the agency and its accessibility/acceptability. Discover whom they serve, the eligibility requirements, costs, services offered, and other pertinent information a Community Health Nurse (CHN) would need to know. Document your findings. Identify health related issues relevant to the population that this agency serves. Be sure to include one psychosocial need.
You will receive 3 hours towards your 15 hours of clinical experience for this activity. You must accurately record your hours and activity in your clinical log found in the syllabus.
You must write at least three pages for this activity in APA format and include a title and reference page (not part of the three pages) as well as support your work with evidence from scholarly nursing journals related to the topic.
In a 3- to 4-page essay, post your response to the following:
- Identify and describe health related issues relevant to the population chosen.
- Identify health related issues relevant to the population that this agency serves. Include one psychosocial need.
- Identify and describe at least three health promotion activities for the chosen population.
- Identify and explain at least two community services for the chosen population.
- Identify and describe potential environmental hazards for the chosen population.
- Support your findings with examples and scholarly references.
- Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
- By the due date assigned, post your assignment to the Submissions Area.
- Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.doc.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Identified and described health related issues relevant to the population chosen.||
|Identified health related issues relevant to the population that this agency serves. Included a psychosocial issue.||
|Identified and described at least three health promotion activities for the chosen population.||
|Identified and explained at least two community services for the chosen population.||
|Identified and described potential environmental hazards for the chosen population.||
|Used multiple resources, including at least three journal articles from the Argosy University online library resources and one direct interview resource. Paper is a minimum of 3 pages and includes a title and reference page.||
|Written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e. APA); and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Used scholarly sources that aligned with specified assignment requirements.||