- List qualities/traits you share with a first-degree relative (parent or sibling).
- After developing this list, identify qualities that you do not share with this same relative.
- Do you find or detect more similarities or differences?
- How will this be beneficial to know when you are working with your clients?
- Discuss the nature vs. nurture debate. Which one do you think has a larger impact on personality development.
ONLY USE THE TEXTBOOK AND SOURCES PROVIDED AS REFERENCES.
Read Chapter 5: ?Biological Aspects of Personality.? You will discover how evolution and genetics impact our personalities. You will also review Eysenck?s theory and how it applied to biology.
Serendip. (n.d.) Brain and Behavior. Retrieved from http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/
Wisconsin Twin Research. Retrieved from http://www.waisman.wisc.edu/twinresearch/
Great Ideas in Personality. (1998, May). Evolutionary Psychology. Retrieved from www.personalityresearch.org/evolutionary.html
Understanding Behavioral Individuality. Retrieved from http://www.temperament.com/heritability.html
Bmedinago. (2007, May 25). Neurons: How they work. [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5cab4hgmoE
Textbook reference: Howard S. Friedman and Miriam W. Schustack . (2012). Personality: Classic Theories and Modern Research . (5th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Higher Education.