Write a 700- to 1,500-word paper in which you address the following:
- Provide your results. This means both the score and the range in which you fell.
- Do you agree with your results? Be sure to provide examples of how you display each of the traits.
- Based on your self-assessment, what do you see as your strengths and weaknesses regarding working on a team?
- Have you ever engaged in social loafing while on a team? Why or why not?
- How does working effectively on a team give you an advantage in the workplace? To address this question. you need to provide expert data in two areas.
The first data needed is expert validation that teams are being used more extensively by companies. ( For example, how many companies are now using teams compared to 5 years ago.)
The second data set needs to validate that skills gained in a team environment can help you advance your career. Ken Blanchard has conducted a lot of research in this area
- How do groups normally develop? (Hint: this topic is one of your discussion starters.)
- How does the effectiveness of the team members influence the group’s development process? Provide a concrete example of both positive and negative impacts of team member behavior on group performance.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Two outside references are required in addition to the textbook and assessment.
Here are my assessment results:
Contributing to the Team?s Work
Score : 23 pts.
20 – 25 pts.
Feedback: High contribution
Interacting with Teammates
Score : 21 pts.
13 – 23 pts.
Feedback: Moderate level of interaction
Keeping the Team on Track
Score : 11 pts.
11 – 19 pts.
Feedback: Moderately skilled at keeping on track
Score : 5 pts.
0 – 6 pts.
Feedback: Low quality expectations
Having Relevant Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
Score : 10 pts.
8 – 10 pts.
Feedback: Highly relevant knowledge and skills
Score : 70 pts.
43 – 83 pts.
Feedback: Moderately effective team member
HERE IS THE NAME OF THE BOOK (chapters are attached):
Organizational Behavior: A Practical, Problem-Solving Approach 1st Edition
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education; 1 edition (January 9, 2015)
- Publication Date: January 9, 2015