Assignment 1: Course Project Task VI/Final Literature Review
In this module, revise the Literature Review for final submission based on feedback from the instructor and the Turnitin report. Submit the final submission of your literature by the due date assigned.
Your facilitator used the very detailed Module 6 Assignment and Grading criteria to provide feedback and suggest corrections to your literature review draft. Return to those materials to review and correct your draft, turning it into a final version. Ask yourself if you have accomplished the following:
- Written an effectively organized paper, with an introduction [including the 4 essential elements], a body with sub headings that matched your introductory map, and a conclusion/summary that returned to your introductory purpose, map, and key themes.
- Explained the significance of your research topic and clearly stated a relational research question–as a question [?]; supported the importance of and/or benefits of studying your topic and question, with demographics and statistics..
- Used themes or another clearly organized way to analyze and synthesize the relationships and differences among and across the studies.
- Identified a theory base or conceptual framework.
- Had a minimum length of 10 pages and a minimum of 10 references; at least 1/2 were clearly marked as qualitative or quantitative studies.
- Cross-listed the well formatted in-text citations with the Reference page, and utilized appropriate APA guidelines and format.
- Submitted a nearly error-free paper, denoting the use of spell check and proofreading.
- Wrote clearly and succinctly throughout the paper, utilizing active voice when appropriate.
Read your instructor’s comments and feedback on your first draft of the literature review as soon as you receive it. After you have completed your reading, take time to analyze the feedback and note the primary areas where you will need to make changes. As you go through your facilitator’s comments, look for the following common areas for improvement, often cited in first drafts:
- Were there consistent comments related to the same areas, for example, APA citation or grammar errors? Were themes clearly stated in the map and then used as sub headings in the body of the paper? Were themes supported by examples from different literature sources?
- Was there a specific element missing from your first draft, for example, lack of a discussion of a theoretical base?
- Were biased or opinionated statements made, with no data or examples provided for support?
Also, review and interpret the Turnitin report carefully and correct citations and parahrases as needed.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA style in formatting and attributing sources.
Complete the finalization of your literature review, incorporating the feedback received from your facilitator. Submit the document to the Submissions Area and name the file W7000_M7_A2_lastname_firstinitial.doc.
Note: Use the Highlight feature of Microsoft Word to identify areas where you have made corrections or developed additional content in response to feedback received.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
Please make sure you review the elements of the grading criteria and associated points carefully and make sure your assignment has addressed all the elements and in enough detail to merit full points.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Provided a clear introduction with all essential parts; described the significance of the topic and question and ended with a summary that returned to the essentials of the introduction||
|Clearly stated the research question-as a question; situated the research focus in broader scholarly literature and/or in a historical context, discussing its significance, using demographics and/or statistics.||
|Identified a theory base or conceptual framework; highlighted its relevance to the research question and literature sources.||
|Analyzed and synthesized the literature around the basic themes used as sub headings to organize it, using details, examples, appropriate quotes and paraphrases to support the clear topic sentences of each heading/paragraph.||
|Identified and explained the gaps found in the literature, tying these to potential places your future work might fit into the scholarly conversation; Identified and explained what scholars had suggested is needed for future research||
|Chose and identified references for the literature review that were scholarly and clearly related to the research question.||
|Displayed accurate APA Style and format, presenting information in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship with accurate in-text citations and references; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation, showing strong evidence of very careful proofreading.||
Rubric Name: W7000_M6A1_Grading Rubric