Choose one of the following recent events involving software used in a potentially unethical manner:
- Google engineers refuse to work on Project Maven that applies artificial intelligence to improve warfare systems targeting humans
- Software that allowed VW automobiles to pass EPA emissions test incorrectly
- US government suing Apple to provide a backdoor to the iOS operating system? Creators of Pokemon Go allowing the game to be played in arguably inappropriate places.
- Read the articles linked on the course webpage related to your choice. Look up other articles if you like
- Write a 2-3 page (12pt font, double-spaced, 1in margins) essay discussing the ethical dilemma faced by the developers of the software (not the company) in question.
- Describe what happened
? The identify the ethical issues for the developers, explain the conflict
- Conclude whether or not the developers acted in an ethical manner and/or what persons should do in their situation, and justify your analysis in a logical manner.
- You must include, but are not limited to, application of a professional codes of ethics.? Be sure to provide references and properly cite the sources of your information, including any codes of ethics.