Please read ?Information Disclosure in Sales? by David Holley and ?Case Study: Sales at World Camera?. (Both readings are attached)
Your discussion paper should respond to the following items/questions:
Holley discusses the ethical issue of deception and truthfulness in a particular area of business: sales. He argues that a seller has some degree of obligation to disclose information and tell a buyer the truth. However, the issue is what degree of disclosure/honesty is required. Holley presents five different degrees or levels of requirement, from a low/undemanding requirement all the way up to high/very demanding requirement.
1) Briefly explain which level of requirement Holley endorses.
2) Do you agree or disagree with Holley? Why or why not?
3) If you do not agree with Holley, which alternative level of requirement do you endorse and why?
4) What would the requirement that Holley endorses say about the World Camera case? Did the sales person do anything ethically wrong? Why or why not?
5) If you endorsed a different level of requirement than Holley, what would the requirement that you endorse say about the World Camera case? Did the sales person do anything ethically wrong? Why or why not?