Assignment 2: Case Study 9.5: Swedish Daddies
Due Week 8
and worth 275 points
Read Case 9.5: Swedish Daddies, located here or on page 351 of your textbook.
Write a four to
six (4-6) page paper in which you answer the following questions:
- Describe the balance that you currently seek between career and family life.
Do you believe that the mindset of corporate America is conducive to the type of
work and family arrangement that would suit you? Explain the major reasons why
or why not.
- Explain whether or not you believe the United States should require
companies to provide paid maternity leave. Suppose the U.S. did make maternity
leave a requirement. Discuss whether or not you believe the U.S. government
should assist companies to do so. Describe your stance on the U.S. requiring
companies to offer paternity leave. Provide a rationale for your position.
- Should specialized organizational arrangements be made for workers who wish
to combine career and child raising? Explain why or why not. Suppose specialized
organizational arrangements must be made for such workers. Identify steps that
companies can take to accommodate parental needs more effectively.
- Does a firm have an obligation to give employees the flexibility to work out
the particular balance of career and family that is right for them? Or does this
go beyond the social responsibilities of business? Justify your response.
- Cite your textbook as a reference.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format.
Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students
name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Analyze the concepts of public safety and government regulation along with
the role of business responsibility.
- Recommend ways in which businesses can be partners with nature by applying
the concepts of business ethics, business ecology, and environmental
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business
- Write clearly and concisely about business ethics using proper writing