1. Apply the input impedance formula for a ?/2 and ?/4 transmission lines. Compare and comment on any of the two cases which provide impedance transformation exploited in impedance matching techniques.
2. An ADSL cable, with the characteristic impedance Zo= 300 ? , is used to connect a computer having an impedance of 180 O. Assume the frequency of the signal on the line is 400 MHz and length of the line is 22.5 cm. Calculate the characteristic impedance of a quarter-wave impedance transformer to match the load with the line. Also draw the equivalent circuit of the matched system with Standing Wave Plot.
3. A lossless transmission line of length ?=0.3? is terminated with complex load impedance ??=30?20 O and characteristic impedance ?0=75 O. Calculate:
a) The reflection coefficient at the input of the line;
b) VSWR on the line;
c) The input impedance to the line ??? in O;
d) The input admittance to the line ??? in S;
e) The distance to first minimum and first maximum from the load;
f) Use Smith Chart to find all parameters from (iii) to (vi).
4. An Ethernet cable is used to connect a computer to a server and it is found experimentally that ??.? ?? 120 O ??? ??.? ?? 500 O. The cable is terminated with a sever having a load resistance ?? of 500O at frequency of 300MHz. Design a single stub matching to minimize the reflection on this cable without using the Smith Chart.
5. The impedance of a 1 meter dipole antenna operating at 120 MHz is 44.8 ? j 107O. The antenna is fed by a transmission line with characteristics impedance Zo = 75 Ohm. Design a series stub which will match this antenna to the transmission line. Find the position and length of the stub (by using Smith Chart).
6. Refer to at least two research papers to find the ways to increase Parabolic Reflector Antenna Signal Strength through Design. Support your explanation with suitable schematic diagrams.
A. First offence of plagiarism
a. If a student is caught first time in an act of plagiarism during his/her course of study in any assignment other than project work, the student will be allowed to re-submit the assignment once, within a maximum period of one week. However, a penalty of deduction of 25% of the marks obtained for the resubmitted work will be imposed.
b. Period of re-submission: The student will have to re-submit the work one week from the date he or she is advised to re-submit.
c. If the re-submitted work is also detected to be plagiarized, then the work will be awarded a zero.
d. Re-submission of the work beyond the maximum period of one week will not be accepted and the work will be awarded a zero.
e. If the student fails the module and has a proven case of academic integrity violation in this module , the student is required to reregister the module
f. If plagiarism is detected in Project work (Project 1, Project Planning and Project Design and Implementation) the above clauses (a,b,c,d) do not apply and the work will be summarily rejected. In these cases the student will be awarded a fail (F) grade and is required to re-register the module
B. Second offence of plagiarism
a. If any student is caught second time in an act of plagiarism during his/her course of study (in a subsequent semester), the student will directly be awarded zero for the work in which plagiarism is detected. In such cases, the student will not be allowed to re-submit the work.
b. If the student fails the module and has a proven case of academic integrity violation in this module, the student is required to re-register the module
C. Third Offence of plagiarism
If any student is caught for the third time in an act of plagiarism during his/her course of study (in a subsequent semester), the student will be penalized with a fail in the module and shall be required to re-register the module.
D. Fourth Offence of plagiarism
If any student is caught for the fourth time in an act of plagiarism during his/her course of study (in a subsequent semester), he shall be suspended from the College for a period of one semester.
E. Fifth offence of plagiarism
If any student is caught for the fifth time in an act of plagiarism during his/her course of study (in a subsequent semester), he shall be expelled from the College.