I have an assignment which is:
- Buy and read the Harvard Case, ?The Chicago Blackhawks: Greatest Sports Turnaround Ever?? ( in the attachment )
- Find information on your own you can apply into the analysis
( the link is an example from the professor )
- Answer these questions comprehensively and thoroughly. Be prepared to discuss them in class.
- Discuss at least 2 reasons the Blackhawks were once so popular historically. Make sure that you tell me how popular the team was before the 1970s.
- Discuss at least 2 facts that evidence how much trouble the team?s brand was in when Bill Wirtz died.
- Discuss at least 2 management or marketing mistakes the team made that harmed relationships with fans.
- Discuss at least 2 management and marketing steps that Rocky Wirtz made when he took over the team to rebuild the brand.
- Discuss the most 2 important lessons that you can learn from this case that you can apply to real-world management and marketing. Focus on what the Blackhawks teach us about how a brand gets in trouble, the traits of leaders who turn a brand around, and the decisions the Blackhawks made to save their brand.
- Formatting Instructions
- Title it, Case 1-Blackhawks.
- As far as the length of the case is concerned, I have put some minimum guidelines in the syllabus. But I really want you to focus on writing a comprehensive and thorough analysis that will likely be much longer than the minimum. I will grade your work on how completely you discussed the questions I ask. I will grade your work on the extent to which you analyzed the case thoroughly.
The minimum is 3 pages