· The Great Depression years of 1929 to 1933
· The 1970s Stagflation from 1973 to 1982
· The recent recession that occurred in the years 2008 to 2010
· A summary of the three historical events in terms of the economic concepts
· A discussion and analysis of what economic policies “worked” versus what “failed” in each of those three events.
· An analysis of current economic conditions in the United States. What is the current state of the United States economy and what challenges does the country face? How do you see this situation evolving over the next ten years? Using what have learned in your historical analysis of previous economic eras, make a forward-looking recommendation regarding what policies you believe would benefit the United States the most over the next ten years. This section should include your thoughts about fiscal and monetary policy. In addition to stating your policy recommendations, be sure to include an explanation of why you believe it is the “best path” from the standpoint of economic performance.